Kastner & Öhler
Established in 1873, Kastner & Öhler department store has a proud history of over 140 years in Graz. Kastner & Öhler was successful right from the beginning, thus enabling steady expansion and the purchase of neighbouring buildings. The first fashion store in Graz was opened in 1885. Fellner and Helmer, the famous architects and builders of the opera house, erected a new large building from 1912 to 1913. The Dual Monarchy’s biggest department store opened in 1913.
In 1991, Szyszkowitz & Kowalski architects redesigned the flagship store in Graz, focusing on the combination of older buildings with modern elements, and adding the Jugendstilhaus, the Mediahaus and a glazed entrance roof together with revamped shop windows and a new façade. The underground car park was finished in 2003 following an 18-month construction period. Its transparent, well-lit and friendly design has set new standards in car park construction throughout Austria.
Mo – Fri: 9:30 am – 7:00 pm
Sat: 9:30 am – 6:00 pm
Sackstraße 7-13, 8021 Graz